Sunday, January 3, 2010

Prayer Journal - Monday January 5, 2010 - Matt's Complete Physical Healing

Please add a 'comment' for your entry.

1 comment:

  1. Last night the Lord provided me with a sweet time of prayer and worship. Anne, Sara D. and Sarah M. had the 2pm shift so when they were done, Anne called me to wake me up. Her phone call felt very much like the passing of a batton or a call to join in on the fight.
    My time of prayer was guided by a worship song and the leading of the Spirit. He used the lyrics to trigger my prayers. Here are some of the words from the song and scripture that I was reminded of as I prayed:

    "Praise the Lord, O my soul andlet all that is within me, praise His name."
    Psalm 146-150. I am praying that the Lord would show us how to pray Him in all circumstances. I am grateful that the Lord is faithful and will give us more of Him...He will teach us how to praise Him. He alone is worthy of praise and He will not give His praise to another.

    "I will not die, I will live."
    John 3:16, Hebrews 10:39. I give thanks that Matt and Lauren are His...He has promised them life with Him. They will not perish or be destroyed.

    "He's a great God."
    I pray thaat we would see His greatness, glory and might more clearly than before as we endure this trail together.

    "I get to love You through whatever comes. What a privilege?! I get to love You through whatever comes. How sweet it is?!"
    I give thanks that He has given Matt the faith to be steadfast, and that God has encouraged Matt by showing him that his faith is sincere and strong.

    It was sweet to pray for healing and the effectivness of chemo in the middle of the night knowing that He heard me and had every ability to remove cancerous cells and protect everything else in his brain. I have been thinking a lot about what Sarah said- that there is a extra measure of grace to seek Him and find Him. I don't want to miss out, but I am prone to disbelief. Know that I am praying for us- that we would have faith that He is good. I pray that we would see His great value and forsake all other things that would rob of us knowing Christ more. Love you sisters and am grateful to be in this fight together.

    -Mallery

    ReplyDelete